MeeT tHe MilLeRs

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home


I think I’ll start off this next post with a little back ground story of where Tim and I both come from.  First off I grew up in a place called Modesto meaning modest which is ironic because it’s far from it. It’s a town where cowboys and gangsters came together to form the most unattractive place to live in America.  Might I also add Modesto has been in the top 5 cities for autotheft.  Ask Tim, I cringe when someone asks me where I grew up.  I even had someone come back with a reaction of surprise when finding out that I grew up in Modesto as if a well suited person was never expected to make it out of that place. Although I may have some bitter feelings of what my home town has become in the last couple of years I do have to give it credit for having some of the most beautiful almond and walnut orchards and for Gallo Winery which makes for some beautiful vineyards. Sadly all the farming has been taken over by homes, Dollar Trees, and tattoo shops.  Well that’s where I’m from. 



Tim on the other hand is from Mount Vernon, WA. Before I met Tim I had no idea that such a beautiful place existed. I was surprised the first time he took me home to see that they had so much space and that all the homes weren’t cluttered together. From Tim’s parents kitchen window you can see Mt. Baker which is a volcano. All around the home is farmland and the best part is that it’s green.  When tax season ended Tim, the baby and I took a trip up to Mount Vernon to see the family and show off Ellie. We ended up getting there in mid April which was perfect timing to see the tulip fields in bloom. Mount Vernon and Holland are the two largest distributors of tulips in the world and it is a site to see. We got a family picture and some pictures with grandma and grandpa. We had a lot of fun in Mount Vernon. Elle loved all the cousins around her to play with and I loved having babysitters.  

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures! Im so glad that it worked out that you got to see the tulip fields.

    ReplyDelete