MeeT tHe MilLeRs

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bucket List!


Somewhere in the way back of my closet I have a list of things written down that I call my bucket list. Now my list is nothing ridiculous that I would never be able to achieve such as hiking Mount  Everest or walking The Great Wall of China.  I keep it real simple like to name a few, surfing a full wave all by myself, shaking the hand of the prophet or cooking a full thanksgiving dinner. My list is long and I have only marked off two, running a marathon and climbing Half Dome with Tim. Two weeks ago that all changed.  I was finally able to mark off dancing in a flash mob.
My cousin Peter got married in L.A. so the whole Stevenson family was in town.  My cousin Patricia’s birthday was that Friday before so her brothers and sisters organized a flash mob for her. It was the same flash mob group from the show Modern Family that they got to do for my cousin.  They decided to have it all go down at Olvera St. which was right around the corner from where my dad and his family grow up.  We were told to blend into the crowd as much as we could to give Patricia the full surprise of us all being there.  It was so fun to see all of my cousins and even more fun to watch everyone trying to blend as everyone started to arrive and no one was able to talk and say hi, one of my uncles was even wearing a sombrero and poncho to blend in. We all couldn’t talk and some of them I hadn’t seen in like 10 years.  When the music finally started playing Patricia was totally surprised.  We all started dancing for her some a little off beat, but all for the same reason, to give Patricia the best 50th birthday gift ever. I loved dancing with my aunts and uncles and cousins it was so fun. One more checked off the ol’ bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment